Re: sampler basics

> What he wants is a unit that will store his samples, preferably with text
> listing in the LCD window, the ability to do both single shot and looped
> samples, BPM syncing via midi, and real time pitch shifting. I would add
> that removable media of some kind.

If he already has the samples/audio on CD, it seems some kind of CD player
with above average intelligence would work well.  For example, some kind of
laptop with a CD drive would take care of the hardware.  I don't know what
Unity's capabilites are, but some kind of software package should be able
supply the intelligence.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com