Re: is this a known bub in repeater?

>This could be your issue.  To defragment the memory, you might try
>transfering
>all the files on the card to your computer, reformatting the card (with
>the
>Repeater) then putting the files back on.  I've never tried this, but I'd
>imagine it would work.  Has any one done this?

defragmentation is definitely an issue for CompactFlash.  There is
basically
a DOS filesystem on these little cards and if you remember from DOS the
access gets slower the more times you change things and change the
File Allocation Tables.  If the FAT gets too fat then it might even spread
over several 'sectors' and you'd have to read the disk twice just to
discover where the next part of the file is...

      /t
--

http://loopNY.com ......................An "open loop": shows every
Saturday!