Re: semi-OT query

>howdy,
>
>i know that some of you all do your own CD-R releases for selling at
>gigs, etc.
>
>i've heard that there is an issue of longevity with this medium (as
>opposed to regular CDs) - - errors, decay, etc.
>
>anyone have any comments?

I've distributed about 400 copies of my 2 CDR releases, and have yet
to be contacted by anyone to have one replaced, for whatever that's
worth. The general rule of thumb I use is that if you treat CDR's the
way you *should* treat CD's, keep them in the jewel case when not
playing, handle on the edges, etc, and avoid the bargain basement
brands (I use Taiyo Yuden for master copies, sony/maxell/TDK for
dupes), they should last as long as regular CD's.
Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org