Re: EDP and a BIG burst of static/hiss

On Sunday, September 8, 2002, at 04:14  PM, M. Steven Ginn wrote:

> .  I sent it to Gibson for repair which subsequently took almost two
> months to get back.  Personally, even though I am glad to have my unit
> back now and everything seems to be working well, I believe a better
> business decision that Gibson could have made for a brand new customer
> would have been to send me a replacement immediately.

I totally agree.  If a unit is bad from the factory, you shouldn't have
to deal with customer repair.  A good company should allow the retail
store to give you a replacement, then take the defective unit, repair
it and sell it as "B" stock.  This way, you get what you paid for,
someone else gets a chance for a good deal, and the only party that has
to pay for the poorly made gear is the party that made it.  There
should be some sort of law that puts the full liability on the
manufacturer and not on the consumer.

Mark Sottilaro