Re: EDP and a BIG burst of static/hiss

OK, I'm willing to open up my EDP and hit it with some contact cleaner...
but
why would a memory socket ship dirty?  Seems so odd to me, having worked
with
so much computer and other electronic gear, and never having this happen.

I also notice LOTs of silicone goo on different parts of my EDP's circuit
board.  Is this normal?  I've never seen so much on any electronic device
before.  Weird.

Is there a recommened contact cleaner that I should look for?

Mark Sottilaro