Re: EDP and Repeater sync question

At 10:11 AM 9/19/2002, Louie Angulo wrote:
>I have a drum loop recorded on the repeater and want
>to sync it with the EDP,the EDP being the master.When
>i record a guitar loop on the EDP the sample doesn´t
>exactly sync like my drum computer does,it is too slow
>or too fast.I have to manually mess around with the
>EDP´s 8th/beat untill i find the right value for them
>to sync well.My question is how do you determine the
>correct value? (ex.when the EDP reads 3.0 seconds the
>repeater reads 161.3 BPM)

Hi Louie-
8ths/cycle (or 8ths/beat as it used to be called on older units) is the
number of 8th notes in a cycle on the Echoplex. This number is used to
determine how the tempo of the midi clock relates to the length of your
loop.

So for example, if you set 8ths/cycle to 8, and record a 3.0 second loop,
that means eight 8th notes occur during 3 seconds. This would be equal to
80 BPM, and that is the tempo of the midi clock that the Echoplex will
send. Similarly, if you set 8ths/cycle to 16, your 3 second loop would
correspond to 160 BPM.

If the drum loop you have in your repeater is a 2 bar loop in 4/4 time,
that is 16 eighth notes. If you set the 8th/cycle parameter to 16 and
record a two bar loop on the Echoplex, the drum loop should play in time
with your echoplex loop.

kim