Re: dancing loops

In a message dated 9/23/2002 1:45:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, srice44@yahoo.com writes:

>Steve Rice said:
>>Since it seems I'm in such good company, I'll chime in that I
>>also dance Contact Improv.  Haven't played for a class yet,
>>but I keep it in mind as I work on my music chops.
>
>oh, just try it, you will love it!

Thanks, I'm sure I would.  I want to be sure they will love it
too.  Also, I will probably need to hand the teacher a sample
CD of my music, and that CD doesn't yet exist.

     Actually, just call the local dance dept, and get in touch with the music director. Tell him/her about yourself, and that you are interested in playing for classes. If you add that you are willing to sit-in (for free), there's a good chance they will ask you to come try it. There may also be a group of dancers in your locale that get together for Contact Improv. If you play for a dance class, ask some of the dancers about this too.
     Marc