Re: dancing loops

>i have an idea but im not totally hip to this "CONTACT IMPROV" which
>we have been talking about for the past few days.....kinda like kims
>"omd's".....please help out an old guy that dont get out
>much!.....is ci with dancers only or is it bigger than that?.....and
>have no fear, with that 3/4 2/4 1/4 16/95 time suff im completely
>out of that playground.....if it aint 4/4 or 3/4  its a
>sin!!!!.....michael

if i dont do 4/4 or 3/4 its inconsciously or because of a failure ;-)
the CI people never even talked about this.
I like to change the rhythm by playin a different subdivision into
the same looplenght, too, this sometimes turns into odd times.
It seems more important to be able to do non rhythmic things or
quickly adapt to any accents that may come up (often without loop or
just drone).
The most important is to floowww...

RandomLFO said:
>Dance Improv tends to be more theatrical, while Contact Improv tends
>to have more of a spiritual flow to it.
>      It's one thing to improvise with other musicians. It's a
>totally different thing to add dancers into it. I guess you could
>say that when the dancers get added it's like putting on 3D glasses.
>      Marc

very nicely put!
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org