Re: dancing loops - with MIDI controllers

>In a message dated 9/22/2002 4:19:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>matthias@grob.org writes:
>
>>  >One thing which I think will be possible with looping is to
>>>get up for a minute and dance will the looper plays away...
>>>Including the dancers in the music, putting the musician(s)
>>>into
>>>the dance, these things should be very possible with the
>>>technology (nothing new of course).  This is part of my search
>>>for midi twiddlers.
>>
>>I dont quite understand this part... do you suggest that the music is
>>built automatically by sensors controlled by the dancers?
>>Somehow I doubt this will turn out nice, and I dont see the necessity
>>since there are some many loopers that want to play...
>>

>      FWIW,

whtat does that say? Is there a list somewhere of those, so I dont
have to ask over and over?
Sorry

>  there is the I-Cube system by Infusion Systems.
>(www.infusionsystems.com) The I-Cube has a lot of sensors (Like tilt
>and tap) designed to allow the dancers to either trigger MIDI
>events, or send CC messages. there is also the BodySynth
>(www.synthzone.com/bsynth.html), and various gloves designed for
>MIDI (I-cube also has gloves). The ControllerZone has an interesting
>collection of controllers (www.synthzone.com/ctrlr.htm). Some of
>these may provide some nice options for Loopers.
>      Marc

I have seen such glove
but they are not wireless, are they?
There is also a system that interprets camera pictures, from two
angles I guess...

But is this stuff really sensitive and intuitive enough to let art alive?

SRice:
>For midi input from the dancers or myself as I dance,
>I have the fairly simple idea of putting a potentiometer
>in some hand-held wrapper(how about a Nerf ball!) and using
>the MidiSolutions pedal-to-cc gizmo to tweak the looper or
>effects processor.  This would require only the midi
>converter box, pot, and some wire to do (I think. Maybe
>also a six-pack to bribe some local electrical engineer.

sounds simple and effective...
again, would be nice to be wireless... there must be wireless MIDI
stuff arround...

Random Mark:
>      I remember seeing an article in Electronic Musician some years
>ago about a band Named D'Cuckoo (please excuse spelling). They had a
>large ball that they called the MIDI Ball. It was wired with MIDI
>sensors and was thrown out to the crowd. Each time the crowd hit
>back up into the air they would trigger various MIDI events. That
>would be very interesting to have at a Contact Jam.

now this is impressive! and must be wireless, so the ball could
probably be "abused" in other ways! I want one! Is it a commercial
product? I could not google it.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org