multi-track looping

Thanks to all who wrote back to advise me, total novice, on the pros
and cons of looping gear...
At the moment, the favorite seems to be the Electrix Repeater, and I
have a couple of questions:

1) is this the only one that can loop more than one track at a time
(live) -- so, if I want to do a 4 beat loop on 1 track, then an 8
beat loop on track 2, etc.--  or are there others that can do this
(easily)?

2) what's the best foot control to get for it?  I'm going to be using
it live, so there's no time to fuss with buttons and knobs.

Thanks again--

Ritsu
http://www.ritsu.com