OT Using a MIDI to CV converter with guitar

I'm wondering if it's possible to use a MIDI to CVI converter, like the
one Frostwave sells, with guitar to control analog synth modules.  More
detail:  A guitar with a MIDI pick up going into a guitar synth(probably
Roland I guess) then to the MIDI to CV converter which would control an
analog synth, that is CV controllable.   The end result would be playing a
note on the guitar would trigger the same note on the synth.  Is this
possible?

I don't currently have a MIDI pick up or any MIDI gear at all but I have
some moogerfooger pedals and I've been exploring their CV capabilties.
I'm very interested in finding out more about CV and it's applications
with guitar.

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com