Amp or power amp?

Hoi there,
I was used to playing with a guitar, a couple of stomp
boxes and an amp, but since i got the EDP,repeater and
Roland GP100 ,well, is turned into a rack.I am still
using all of this with my tube amp but i am debating
on replacing it with a power amp and 2 speakers.What
are the pros and cons or trade offs in terms of sound
and do you have any suggestions on specific brands?I
wanna keep having the punch of my tube amp of course!
thanx
Louie

=====