re: WATER MUSIC

this exchange occurred previously:

me:
Also, on my last CD I used a piece where I sample raindrops on different
resonant surfaces (umbrella, drum head, piece of vinyl) and then turned it
into a rhythmic melody.

richard zvonar:
Check out "Dripsody" (1955) by Hugh LeCaine.
http://www.hughlecaine.com/sounds/dripsody.mp3

LOL,  and I thought I was being so clever and original..........it just
goes
to show you.

Well, at least I can say that I never knew that I was using a 'tried and
true' concept
because I have never heard of Hugh LeCaine.

Thanks for another enlightening post,  Richard.

yours,  Rick Walker

PS  watch for NOH MUSIC FOR PEARL HARBOR  an evening of experimental
electronica
on NOVEMBER 7th (Pearl Harbor Day) at the CAYUGA VAULT in Santa Cruz.

It will feature Dr. Zvonar (up from the southlands)
myself and the venerable Beede,  Bob Beede, who has had a hand in
influencing
countless people in the electronic music world in these parts for many
years.

This will be the first time we have played together on the same bill (at
the
last
NOH MUSIC FOR PEARL HARBOR)  in over 20 years!!!!

PPS  I even own that John Hassel CD and never realized that there were
water
samples on it.