Lake Butler RFC-1 Battery Woes--No Direct Loop Content

Hi all—
I attempted to change the battery in my RFC-1, the full featured MIDI foot
controller I used before I acquired the PMC-10.  On the advice of Dr.
Richard, I ordered a battery from Parts Express that matched the specs.
However, when it arrived, I found that it did not match the dimensions of
the old battery.
Worse, there is no indication of polarity on the old battery or on the
circuit board (thanks, Emmett).  My question: Help!!!
OK, let’s phrase it in the form of a question.  Anybody feel like taking
their RFC-1 apart to see which end is which?  The specs of the new battery
are the same, so I might try using it (running leads from it to the circuit
board) but I don’t want to blow this thing up.
Clueless in San Diego,
Gary