OT: first names and given names...

Hey Mark,

I guess the gender of the name is there if you figure out what is the
family
name and what the given name...:-)
I like these misunderstandings we face all the time in today's
"interracial"
world...and there are lots of those, like the teachers at my former grammar
school (one of them a Latin teacher btw) who thought that "Luca" was a girl
because, all first names ending on "a" are females (as exemplified by the
famous composer Andrea Gabrieli). And it really gets interesting with
outer-occidental cultures where first names aren't necessarily given
names...

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de