Looping mechanism problem

Problem One:  my looping mechanism is virtual.  It's simply a program.
Problem Two.  All the dials seem to work right except one, which seems to
function opposite to how it was labeled.  Actually I think I remember
vaguely that it had a different label to start with.  Maybe someone changed
it, I don't know.
But actually I've misplaced the looping program and the manual- I'm just
wondering if anyone has ever encountered a problem like this before.
Metaphorically speaking, overall, this problem has driven me loopy lately
and it is especially bothersome that I can no longer find the manual
because
normally I love using the program and now I don't want to touch it.