Re: Plugzilla-Any looping potential here?

At 10:18 AM -0700 10/13/02, Chris Muir wrote:

>Eventide Orville is pretty much there today. There is some "sweat
>equity" involved in gluing the DSP parts together, but if you want a
>very capable tabula rasa, this is the device.

I agree, though Plugzilla would still be a good choice for someone
who has a few favorite VST plugs that just can't be easily replicated
in Orville. Personally I'd rather run such plugs on a computer
because that way I'd have the benefit of their GUI. This is a big
part of many of my favorites.

Another consideration is that Plugzilla is VST only. Some of the more
interesting plugs are TDM and RTAS (e.g. most GRM Tools plugs), so
one would still be better off with a computer.

In recent I've done all of my looping and other processing with
Eventides: H3000, DSP4000, Orville and in the past I used one or two
TC2290s combined with other processors. All of these are great and
I'm comfortable with them, but it's a lot to schlep. I recently
bought a G4 PowerBook and an about to get a Mobile I/O. That may be
the perfect performance kit for me, though I suspect that for larger
gigs I'll still the Eventides.

But to bring  this back to the topic at hand: Plugzilla was designed
by some very smart folks and is built with premium parts. For some it
will be a good instrument.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com