Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #702

Carsten-

I'd try the LDT series with rivets to make attaching the leads easier.
I don't know which size would be better - I'd try all three, since they
don't cost much.

Alternatively, the SDT looks like a nice, tidy package.  Also, it is
self-shielding and has a shielded cable already attached.  It is
somewhat more expensive, however, at $25.

I'm no expert on this stuff, but you will need to buffer the piezo's
output signal (as you must with any piezo element) to get a good
frequency response.  You can build you own, or else use a commercially
available buffer from Fishman, Barcus-Berry, Highlander, LR Baggs, or
whoever makes piezo systems in your neighborhood.  I like the looks of
the Fishman Powerjack, at $50:

http://www.msiusa.com/PART8-INT.pdf

An active DI like a Countryman should also work, if you have one lying
around.

-Hans