re: FCB1010 question

Hey there,

Thanks for the info.

I'm sorry to say that I accidentally trashed the message that Per Boysen
sent in
response to your posting.  It is possible that his message answers the
question I'm
posing below.  Is it possible for anyone to pass that along again?

Can I ask for clarification on something you wrote?  Where you mention
"The 1010 is
seriously limited to using only one midi channel, period." does this mean
that each
bank will only talk to one channel?   If I understand this is correctly, I
would have to
assign one bank to each unit.

Also,

I don't think any of the units I'm presently using have what you described
as "fixed
midi commands on a single channel."   I'm interpreting what you've written
to mean
that the units being controlled (in your case a Repeater and Behringer
effects box),
have particular functions assigned to occur when a cc message is received
on a
specific channel - when the Repeater receives cc 55 on midi channel one,
it does
something different than if it receives cc 55 on channel two.  If this is
correct, I'm out
of the woods on that one.  So far, I've been able to assign a particular
midi channel to
each device (Boss effects unit receives on channel 1 and the JamMan on
channel 2).
Each unit allows me to dictate which midi channel it will accept messages
from.  If I
want a pedal to control only one box, I program what ever cc message I
want to be
sent on to the specific unit on it's channel.  On the other channels I
send ghost
messages (either 00 or 128) depending on how that unit is numbered.  Is
this
making sense or am I missing your point?

On the other hand, if the EDP has midi functions which are configured the
way I've
understood your Repeater and Behringer effects box, I'm dead meat...  I
don't think
that's the case though.  I think the EDP takes only commands on a
particular channel
(which I am able to dictate).

Thanks,

mb