Re: recommended recordings - Frisell

on 10/16/02 4:12 PM, jim palmer at jimp@pobox.com wrote:

> my earliest favorite song (that i can remember) was
> "wreck of the edmund fitzgerald" by gordon lightfoot

Red Shea is a fine guitar player.

Kevin Peek (the guitar player in Sky who wasn't John Williams) used to be
influential for me though I don't think anything shows up in my playing.
Actually, I'm listening to "Sahara" as I write this and quite frankly it
rocks.

At one point my CD collection was heavily dominated by a mixture of 4AD
(mostly Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance) and ECM (mostly Metheny, Rypdal,
Tibbetts, Jarrett, and Garbarek) recordings. EG by virtue of having Eno,
Fripp, Crimson, and Roxy was also well represented.

Mark