power conversion

Hey there,

Does anybody have experience with power conversion?  I'm looking for a
unit that will
step European standard 230V down to US standard.  I'm a guitarist form the
US but I
presently live in the UK.  I'm running on 120V via a huge coil of copper
wrapped up in a
big yellow wrapper. I need something more portable and hopefully rackable.

At this point, it looks like a 'toroidal' converter will be the route.
I'd like to strap it into a
rack 'permanently.'  The big thing I'm concerned about with this type of
set up is noise
and how to avoid it.

If anyone's got suggestions, including other options, please let me know.

Thanks,

michael b

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup