Re: software loopers

For software looping tools, the best that I have come across so far is
Ableton's LIVE!

It allows mixing of non-BPM matched loops... half/quarter/double etc.
speed.... realtime pitch change... BPM from 10BPM up to 999BPM...
Plugin effects... On the fly recording (it is possible to bounce
hardware loops onto Live).... and many many more features.

The Midi mapping feature is incredibly simple to use, as is basically
the whole package :)

I'm only just starting to use it with the Solostring project, but I
have been using it for a while to produce sound-effects and music for
an improvisational theatre group.

There is a downloadable demo at http://www.ableton.com
--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com