Re: ems and so forth

Title: RE: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #732

Hi Duncan,
I'll check music contrl up after sending this email.
Serial 02 is in Cardiff University - in the physics department It was always very well maintained along with some VCS3's and a suitcase synthi!
My idol is Hariprasad Chaurasia - very intimate, beautiful music.
Where you from?
I'm in South Wales.
Gareth

curiously, something looking remarkably similar to the delaware (named for the road where the bbc built the maida vale studios in a converted ice-rink) has turned up in the hands of music control, of alsager, staffs. they renovate and sell synths and will even undertake to source gear on demand, presumably by cold-calling known owners. so I wonder if it's the same machine? there can't have been many 100's made..... where is 02 then?
the radiophonic workshop's two commercial releases have just re-appeared on cd, without too much fuss or repackaging, and are still a good insight into institutionalised creativity. they were birted in 1997, though many of the "composers" still turn up on bbc shows.

I went to see trilok gurtu a few months ago; found it all a bit bland after a few numbers, like sainsbury's curries......
I guess I'm too locked in to western tonalities, intervals and rhythms vs cacaphonous pure noise to appreciate what he was doing, which was somewhere in between. evelyn glennie was more entertaining in the same concert-series. I can't believe she's deaf- I'm sort of hoping that one day it all turns out to be a hoax, like milli vanilli......

duncan.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
by replying to this message.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe