SV: SV: Practice, rehearse, perform

11/13/02 6:13:22 PM, "Per Boysen" <per@boysen.se> wrote:
>I meant "practicing to bring out your natural instincts through musical
>expression". Being able to make music the way you walk, eat, fart or
>whatever ;-)  IMHO that must be the aim for any kind of practicing or
>rehearsing.

Have you (or anyone else here) read _Zen Guitar_ by Philip Toshio
Sudo? His sentiments are (actually were -- he died this past summer)
the same. It's a worthwhile book.

One reason I've been attracted to looping (still figuring out which gear I
want/need) is for the in-the-moment possibilities. Judging by some of
the other posts, that seems a definite attraction for many loopers.

Cheers,
Mike