Re: Should ambient music be performed live?

I'm not talking about using CDs for backing tracks.  I wouldn't do that.
Believe me, with a looper, drum machine, guitar, bass and guitar synth, I
can make plenty of noise.  I'm saying produce a total track *that includes
live looping* that's delivered on a CD.  I'd still have the joy of playing
with my looper in an interactive way, just not at the show itself.  I'm
just wondering if that makes a difference.  I guess I have to try it and
see.

Mark Sottilaro