Re: OT: Yamaha DG-Stomp

--- Mark Hamburg <mark_hamburg@baymoon.com> wrote:
> FYI: Guitar Center is selling these for $140. I mostly love mine (enough
> that I'm contemplating getting a DG80 for when I'd like to just haul an
>amp
> around).
>
> If you don't like Guitar Center (and I can understand why), American
>Musical
> Supply has them for $170.

Wow! $140 is a killer price, that's got to be at or below their cost. I
just
bought one for $170 from AMS (/zZounds, they're the same place, right?) a
couple
of weeks ago.

I have to say that I'm very impressed with this box. As a recording tool,
it's
very convincing. I compared tracks I recorded with it and with my amp
miced up
(using a good signal chain) and the track from the DG Stomp held up real
well.

I also played it live plugged direct into the board and it worked well
there too.

Not quite as much variety in sounds as some of the other amp simulators
(POD),
but the sounds are very good, it's laid out well, allows a much larger
number of
saved patches, is very sturdy, and doesn't require a seperate foot
controller for
live use. It was a good deal at the previous price of about $300. It's
incredible
for the current prices!

Don't forget to turn the cabinet simulation on. The factory presets had it
turned
off and I thought it sounded like crap (direct) at first. It makes a huge
difference.

Greg