Re: Mac G4 midi software question

I'm pretty sure that DP3 is optimized for Dual Processors and I think
Logic is as well.  It's more an issue of Portability of the machine
itself, I think.  from the motu website:

"Digital Performer supports multiple processors so if you have a dual
processor CPU, you get nearly twice as much processing power as a single
processor. Digital Performer's multiple processor engine is fully
compatible with all MOTU Audio System plug-ins - even those from third
party vendors."

I heard that the 667 Mhz and 800 Mhz TiBooks had issues with performance
of audio apps because of cache issues.  The cache was optimized for video
applications (throughput vs latency).  This meant that if you had a
looping MAX patch or reverb or something that your performace was about
equal to the 400-500 Mhz TiBook.  Anyone done any tests with the newest
TiBooks?  Also, how bad is a high-end iBook vs a medium-end TiBook for
Max/Reaktor/DP3/Live?  I've been thinking of getting an iBook for my live
and traveling sound use, but should I just save up for a TiBook
replacement for my TiBook 400 Mhz that is on loan?

    Kevin

Kevin Goldsmith                          kevin@unitcircle.com
Unit Circle Media                   http://www.unitcircle.com
New From Unit Circle: