Re: [looper's] RE: macs & pretend-computers

>One word - Reliability.

No offense, but I've never bought into this argument.  I've seen way too
many Macs die on stage or in rehearsals to buy that they are any more
reliable in general than a PC.  The main reason IMHO to use a mac is the
software that you run on it that you can't run on a PC.  If you want to
use Max, DP3(4), Logic, etc...  You need a mac.  I own both PCs and Macs
and use them both for music stuff.  I've tuned my "music" PC so that it
never crashes, ever.  The PC that I use for everything else, like e-mail,
web, office, etc... crashes all the time, but I think that that has more
to do with the fact of all the software that I've installed and removed
and the kind of creeping crud that happens with any system over years of
use.  When I was using the Mac for more than just music stuff, I was
crashing it once or twice a week.  I finally wiped it and started from
scratch and now it is pretty reliable, but I still wouldn't trust it as my
sole sound source in a live environment.

    Kevin

Kevin Goldsmith                          kevin@unitcircle.com
Unit Circle Media                   http://www.unitcircle.com
New From Unit Circle: