Re: Behringer weight and mixer options

At 11:56 AM 12/15/2002 -0500, Nick Schillace wrote:

>The 2642 just seems to be a great unit for expansion. I only need 4
>channels (2 for gtr, 1 for the EDP and one for a boomrang), but I think
>it
>may be the only 6 aux Behringer and its only $250 now. Plus, I thought it
>was only a 7 space rack (if musicians friend is correct).I'd like to use
>the DJ shuttle but I don't think that unit leaves cable space like the
>gig
>rigs, so it's not really 8 usable spaces on top.

In addition to SKB, check out the cases made by Gator
(http://www.gatorcases.com).  They're a direct competitor to SKB, and have
comparable products with slightly different configurations.  One of their
DJ Consoles may offer you enough cable space, but take a look for yourself
and see.

I just picked up one of the Gator 12-space racks, rather than an
SKB.  Price was actually a bit lower than the SKB, but the deciding factor
for me was the fact that the Gator has rear rails on it (not so on the
SKB's).  Thus, I don't have to waste my front rack spaces on items I don't
actually touch after setup, like my quad DI box and dedicated EQ unit.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil