Re: hofstadter /Dawkins Re: mathematic processes & tone clock

> Wow, does he talk about it in Godel Escher Bach.  It's a big book and
>  a mystical experience for me, as well.   LOOPERS REALLY NEED TO GET THIS
>  BOOK.   It's very like what we do with sound but applied to life.

Or start with his "Metamagical Themas", which is a collection
of short pieces. (GEB is full of little mathematical exercises)
Probably an easier way in to the Hofstader world,
 (GEB is full of little mathematical exercises)
and some
excellent examples of polyrhythms in the music of Chopin.
(full also, of all sorts of loopy stuff).

andy butler