Re: [looper's] production fretless guitar

At 4:11 AM -0500 1/2/03, SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

>1) aren't the piezos under the bridge, which is the ideal position?

The RMC system has a separate sensor element in each string saddle. I
imagine this would cause them to pick up a lot of the higher
frequencies of the attack transient, just as I'd expect a single
piezo under the bridge to be balanced somewhat more in favor of body
resonance. But then, I'm just guessing.

>2) as to the "spectral density of the attack" , perhaps less of
>       a problem  with nylon, as the high frequencies are damped.

Yes.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com