[looper's] RE: Drifting loops

Title: Re: Drifting loops
>>Korg ES-1-- a very cool sampling drum machine<<

absolutely- these electribe boxes are great vfm. you have a midi-locked delay effect in there that (with some work) can be used on external audio too, and a very flexible sampler/drum-machine. I also have the synth and drumbox versions, but the sampler one is the most fun. we use it as the master clock in our rig nowadays, and the tap-tempo function is very useful. also, you can alter the tempo by tenths of a bpm by holding the shift key.....

I think the question about the dl4 drifting may have been about it's echo speed rather than the sample feature (which I seldom use now); it's not possible to retrigger something you've got frozen in it's delay mode, although you can change the tempo by tapping. I wish it had sockets for two or three expression pedals-  the two extreme positions of the one pedal you can attach are "snapshots" of all four knobs on the pedal itself. thus, you can go from no repeats to full-on overload while changing the tempo by a few bpm.

I found this new trick on the dl4 (new to me anyway) which might help one or two sample-heads out there*. what I did was set up the /stereo delay/ on the dl4 with maximum delay and maximum repeats, but so that it doesn't start howling in and of itself. for some reason, the stereo delay algorithm seems to behave best for this.

then, via a volume pedal (so that none of the attack gets into the delay), introduce a sustained guitar note just long enough to overlap itself, and fade...... if the volume pedal and dl4 are in y'r effects loop, you've got infinite sustain. annoyingly, while the loop stays there when you disengage the effect (you have to do something odd to the dl4 to get it into this non-standard bypass mode), it is erased when you re-engage the effect.

tonight (or soon, anyway) I shall be putting the bob sellon upgrade into the first of our two jammen. fingers crossed. then the dl4 can go back to being tape delay emulation, which it does rather well.

has there ever been any communication with line6 about the dl4 from a list-member? we seem to have all the other major players represented or contactable somehow...

(*on those occasions when a loop point is playing hard-to-get)

duncan/r.m.i.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
by replying to this message.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe