Re: mixing and routing

>this is very noisy and the synth sucks tone.  i am not opposed to using
>and
>echoplex and repeater along with rack mount tc electronics processors to
>get stuff off the floor.  the problem is how do i route and mix so that i
>can conceptually get the same effect that i am getting now but only
>cleaner.  i also would like to clock to a sequencer for our drummer.

I had a similar set up w/o synth and found it to be much too noisy as
well.
I searched and searched for a multi aux line mixer but need a minimal of
4,
and there doesn't seem to be any available (although the discontinued
Rocktron would be perfect). Many have suggested the ultralink pro from
beringer, but I didn't think that this would work for me. I finally bought
the Beringer 2642 mixer w/6 aux. It is perfect but just really heavy. I am
trying to find a suitable rack (prob the gator console racks if I can get
someone to tell how much they weigh). This has been my move to a rack
system.

My signal is gtr-volume pedal-3 fx pedals- ch1 in the mixer. I use the aux
sends from ch 1 for a Boomerang, EDP, Echo Pro, and soon for a multi unit.
Each signal gets its own channel, and I can route and reroute the signal
pre/post loops. Additionally I can use the channel inserts for volume
pedals
and forgo faders (I think). Its great since  I use two amps but don't have
to dedicate any one channel to either left, right or both. It's taking me
awhile to get used to. The problem is get good levels when changing the
signal path.

Even though this works, I still would like a smaller mixer (8 channel, 4
aux, line mixer). Alesis and Samson offer reasonably priced 2 aux units,
but
for $250, the beringer is tough to beat. My overall sound is much, much
better. Night and Day.

Nick Schillace
In Door Park/O Death