SURVIVING THE NAMM SHOW ADVICE

now for some

SURVIVING THE NAMM SHOW ADVICE from a grizzled veteran:

Noise fatigue is the biggest 'burn out' factor at NAMM.

I try to hit the SONEX aneachoic acoustic foam booth at NAMM every
three or four hours.

Walk inside of that booth and just relax for 15 minutes.  It's amazing
how invigorating just being away from all that noise can be. It's like
taking a shower. Then you can go out and deal with
the porno chicks with impossible silicon breasts at the Dean booth
and what my brother and I call

"THE WEEDILA WEEDILA, THWAKITA WAKITA, THUGGIDA BUGGIDA SHOW"

So named because every insecure guitar player picks up a demonstration
axe and plays   weedila weedila weedila weedila  to try and impress people.

the insecure bassists all  finger pop and slap their basses:

               thwakita wakita thwakita wakita

and the insecure drums all trot out their

               thuggida buggida thuggida buggida triplet 16th note chops

Maybe we can have surreptitious 'silence' loop jams in the SONEX booth to
balance
out all of the overplaying insecurity factor of NAMM
.
No quantizing will be necessary for such a thing to be
effective............LOL

see you all there!!!!

Where your Loopers Delight T-shirts
(or, hint, hint, your Y2K2 LOOPFEST T-shirts)

yours, Rick Walker