Re: Question for computer synthesis experts/related to reaktor

Try using a laptop with a multiple input soundcard running Audio mulch. I assume you have 6 separate outputs from your hexafuzz unit  since multi soundcards normally have 8 inputs you could run outputs from your pickups to the other 1 or 2. you could set up 6 north ple filters which have an encelope follow function fairly easily I imagine. Come to think of it you could set up 6 distortion plugins within Audio mulch! AM is asio compatible so there is negiable latency if you have a decent soundcard and a reasonably fast laptop. I use mine live and have never had a crash - yet. Audiomulch is very stable - it's designed for live use. You can even switch patches via midi program change commands now, as well as altering parameters via midi. Download the beta free, (north pole is also free) and give it a go!

Gareth

Is there any piece of hardware that uses a very flexible, computer based audio interface similar to reaktor that allows the user to create FX and synth engines comparable to reaktor and can be used with an integrated computer compatible mixer? (I dare someone to tell me to get a notebook) Some rules of what I want follow.

1. Must work live, and well. No lag. No serious issues or hangups to ruin my day.

2. My main use for it would be this: I would create a six channel distortion circuit, similar to the hexafuzz design made by someone on here (Sorry i don't know you all better. Whoever's design that is, kudos! It sounds BEAUTIFUL!), but with an ADSR and a second ADSR controlling a filter for each of the six signals, plus the option to control the filter by the first ADSR i.e. envelope filtering.

3. Priced around a grand. (OK I lied, I will pay more, but I'd rather not pay much more.)

If anyone has anything at all to say about this ridiculous inquiry, please do. Or just answer me this one question: Why the hell can't anyone design a decent guitar synth? (I dare someone to tell me to build my own) Peace on Earth and good will toward men. - Kirk