Re: Fripp in LA

I just read a really interesting book about R. F.... I forget it's name but
it might be something like "Robert Fripp, from King Crimson to Guitar
Craft"
and it seemed to be a pretty good unbiased look at the man.  It made me
like
his personality a lot more, as the author seemed to find that not even
Robert buys into his own bullshit and often says stuff with his tongue
firmly in his cheek.  He came off as a lot more human.  The author even
took
a Guitar Craft course, so he basically lived in the same house as Fripp for
a week.  I'm not saying that Robert isn't quirky.  He sure is.  You
probably
have to be to get to where he is.  Anyway, the book is out of print, but
I'll take a look at it's cover and perhaps one may find it on eBay.  It's a
very interesting read.

Also, as "prog rockers" go, I it is my opinion that he's one of the only of
his kind that has not become a wimpy shadow of his former self.  The
Construcktion of Light is proof positive that Fripp's just getting nice and
cranky in his old age and not putting out pabulum like Yes or Pink Floyd.

Mark Sottilaro