Re: Fripp in LA

Quoting Butch <paulrichard10@attbi.com>:
> Thankfully, Fripp isn't playing anything from 'League of Gentleman'
> anymore.

that album is my primary tool in convincing the local Lo-Fi Indie Rock
scene
that Bob Fripp is cool. His whole New Wave era in New York was what
convinced
me that playing loop music at punk rawk shows was the way to go back when
figured there were no appropriate outlets for electronic music in good ol'
Peoria IL.

generally, i put that album on when i have guests over at the studio and
after
the second track is over they ask me what it is they are listening too. i
tell 'em it's the geetarist from King Crimson's new wave band and they
inevitably ask me to put on some other stuff that he's done.

the only other album that works for that kind of prog rock evangelism is
Red,
and often i have to mention the Kurt Cobain connection for them to become
interested. but with the LOG record, no such "sermon" is required for
interest
to pique.

---
Eric Williamson