EDP Loop IV ReAlign Help Needed

Hello all,
Been out of the loop for a while (ouch).  Just got my EDP Loop IV upgrade
and put it right in.  Now I have a performance coming up this Saturday with
my EDP synched to a Powerbook running Ableton Live and I can't seem to get
the ReAlign to work.  I'm trying to do it from the front panel with
Mute-Multiply and it just doesn't seem to be happening.  Perhaps I'm doing
it wrong?  I've tried all possible combos of pressing mute and holding it
down while pressing mult. or rather pressing mute letting go and then
pressing mult. in the lame duck period - stuff like that - still no
response.  What on earth does a guy have to do to realign his loop?
Thanks for any help!
e o

--
Eric Oberthaler