Re: looping with a mic

I've had pretty good results using inexpensive lavalier type mics
mounted to the inside of frame drums and some other percussion
instruments that I like to play very quietly (other musicians seem to
like it when I play rhythm very quietly too :-). The most fun I had
was with an amercian frame drum, I put four mics inside, for the four
directions, and panned them into a quad P.A. (of course applying way
too much signal processing too). Brushing and tapping around the
perimeter of the drum sounded like a storm building on the horizon.

I've used the Radio Shack lavaliers (about $25), and also the little
Panasonic electret elements that you can buy from Digikey for just a
couple dollars, and there's even a circuit diagram in their catalog.
I'd recommend that a very rich person try out a set of Sanken
lavaliers (and send them to me if they don't like them ;-).

-Alex S.