Re: Repeater questions

> - Is there any way to have the inputs on the repeater
> have unique track ownership?

     The closest thing I can think of is to record in stereo with
different instruments going to
different channels, but this doesn't get at what you want to do.  So the
answer is no...

     Stop being a wimp and get yourself a mixer :)  You can pick up a new
one from Behringer for
about $50 that will do everything you are asking for.

> - Has anyone had problems with the dry mute feature?
> I can't seem to dry mute my signal so that only my
> effected signal is audible.  Is it because I am
> passing my original signal back into the rptr?  I have
> the wet/dry ratio set for 100% wet...but I can always
> still hear  my original signal for certain tones.

     To turn dry mute on, press stop and overdub at the same time.  Then
the Repeater will only
pass the loop and not the original signal.  You have to do this every time
you power up, the
Repeater does not remember the last mute setting.

> - General gear question - I have my repeater and a
> filter factory in an skb case.   To save time on
> packup and setup, i tend to keep both units plugged
> into a power strip/surge protector and carefully wrap
> the wires neatly and rest them in the case  for
> travel.  With the near impossibility of getting either
> of these units fixed or parts replaced if something
> goes wrong...

     Where did you get that idea?  Condor Electronics in Seattle is the
authorized repair shop for
all things Electrix.  I am a good friend of the owner and they certainly
aren't going out of
business anytime soon.  Electrix is even honoring all warrantee claims on
their gear.

> i'm beginning to think that it may be a
> better idea to take the additional few minutes to
> unplug everything.  I am careful to not bend the ends
> of the power adapters and do not put any tension on
> them when i wrap them, but does anyone know for sure
> if doing something like this will really hurt my power
> adapters over time?

     I wouldn't worry about unplugging stuff, your gear is susceptable to
going T.U. on you if you
drop it or expose it to water or extremes of temperature.  Keeping the
gear in a SKB case is good
enough protection.

     Happy looping,

           SVG