Re: WIERD SOUND DESIGN for looping

(Good thread, Rick!)

Here's one I posted quite some time ago, but I'll repeat it anyway (this
being a looping discussion).

Place an AM/FM radio next to your EDP and adjust the band and tuning until
you are hearing the EDP's internal signals.  You can tell this when you
frobnicate the EDP's controls (RECORD, OVERDUB, MULTIPLE, etc) and the
sounds change.  Generally there are lots of radio tunings that will work,
all producing different sounds.  (Other digital equipment such
reverbs/delays/etc work as a source of "noise" too.)  Loop the radio into
the EDP.  Rinse, repeat as necessary.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com