Re: Real instruments vs. electronic instruments

At 10:35 AM 2/6/2003 +0000, jimfowler wrote:
>speaking of, i'm thinking of getting a malletkat and i was wondering if
>anybody has suggestions for a good sound engine for acoustic sounds.  it's
>not so off-topic...the reason i don't get an acoustic
>marimba/vibraphone/etc. is because it's very easy to loop with an
>electronic
>device (as opposed to looping a pair of mics) and loop with this device i
>will.

Well, in this respect, my setup's a bit dated, but that just means you can
pick up the gear cheap if you like.  ;)

For years, I've used a DrumKat DK-10 with my Roland R8-m sound
module.  I've got about six of the different expansion cards, but I find
the 'Mallet' card works quite nicely for marimba/vibraphone/etc, not to
mention some of the more esoteric instruments also included on the
card.  R8-m's seem to be going at rather reasonable prices on Ebay these
days and most of the different cards come up for auction on a regular
basis
as well.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil