EDP: synced Slave does not feel as free as Master

Hi list,

Here's a specific EDP loop4 question:

I usually run the EDP with the sync setting "out" as the midi clock
master in my live system. But now I'm planning to do a couple of
recordings where the EDP is set as slave (sync = "in"). But this sync
setting seems to affect some features like Record, Multiply and
DirectMIDI SUSRoundedInsert and SUSReplace. Also, when I start out by
pressing REC the recording goes on for two bars when I want to close the
loop already after one 4th (pressing rec a second time to close the loop
does not take action until two bars have passed)

Thing I do live, which is not possible now, with the EDP slave synced
are:

- Doing quantized and rounded inserts of 16ths to gradually lengthen the
loop until it reaches one bar.
- Cutting a loop by a long press of multiply (when EDP set to SUS mode).

Have I missed something? Is there a simple explanation? Any ideas?

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.looproom.com --> 1st Swedish Looping Festival