playing drums with a MIDI guitar

Hi fellows,
I miss the Roland Gr 09 because i could play cheap
drums with my guitar and loop them but the GR 33 which
i now have is quite limited with percussion.Somebody
suggested long ago i get the mossfet and hook it up to
the GR33 so i could trigger drum sounds, although i am
not certain the tracking would function as well.I know
there has been discussions on this here in the past
but could you give out some suggestions? Being partly
a percussionist i would also be interested in the best
midi guitars to accomplish this.
Thanx
L.a

=====