Re: Minimalist rigs, form factors, etc.

Hi Mark (thanks for sending the Palo Alto gig photo, by the way!),

Mark Hamburg wrote:
> Besides the fact that I started exploring unrounded glitch effects
> that I've never really been known for (curse you Andre and Cara ;-) )

Bwahahahahahaha....

> where do I put the EDP? Andre is
> doing something to have it on the floor but tilted up to be visible, but
> that still seems a bit awkward.

It's a small and very portable $15 Fender electric guitar stand; I turn
it backwards (so that the main support rod is facing me) and tilt the
EDP up at about a 45 degree angle towards me, parked right in front of
the foot controller.  The balance is fine, so it's in no danger of
sliding off.

It's probably the best solution I've come up with in terms of EDP
placement; the theory is that, since I have to look at the pedalboard
anyway, I might as well have the Echoplex in the same basic spot.  And I
think it looks a bit more elegant from a performance point of view - it
FEELS better than constantly looking to my side at a rack or stand,
anyhow.  This way I can pretend I'm just shoegazing while I try to cop
some Kevin Shields licks...

> Third thought: As if doing the blackface EDP+ weren't enough, wouldn't
>it be
> cool if there were a floor unit that combined the EDP footswitch with the
> Echoplex guts.

If you get a padded single-space rack case and some sort of mount for
the EDP a la a guitar stand, it's almost as good...  I know what you
mean, tho.

Anyway,

--Andre LaFosse
The Echoplex Analysis Pages: