Re: Undo Problem in Loop IV?

>HI, Do any of you know about a problem undoing a 'layer' of music
>from ALL cycles after a multiply has been done?  A long press of
>UNDO erases the newest layer from all cycles EXCEPT the first one!
>(My memory is at max.)
>Here is a simple example:
>1. RECORD a drum beat for a few measures. Say it is 4 seconds long.
>2.  MULTIPLY a guitar line over it.    Play and record the guitar
>through 4 cycles, so that the resulting loop is now 16 seconds long
>(4seconds X  4cycles).
>3 UNDO -   Do a 'long' press, and the guitar part, played over all 4
>cycles is now gone,  EXCEPT for the part existing during the first
>cycle.
>4.  Short presses do not help and also, there are similar examples
>to the above where the UNDO function is not even available at all,
>at any time.
>
>IS THIS A BUG??   I did not have this problem using the Loop III V.5
>which i am about to reinstall to make this sucker work!
>Thank you for any of your answers - Patty in SF

No, its not a bug, but when you use Multiply immediately (without
doing some Overdub or FB reduction) after Record, you get a problem
really.

Just imagine how the sound is kept in memory:
You have one cycle recorded and we keep coping that to another cycle,
ready to register eventual changes. As long as you dont do anything
more, we just alternate between those two copies.
Now you do Multiply, which copies one of those cycles (depends on
when you press Multiply exactly) 4 times with your new overdubs. So
you have 5 or 6 cycles in the memory now.
Now you want undo all overdubs. But we dont have 4 subsequent cycles
without overdubs in the memory!

So the solution is:
Multiply by 1 (press Multiply twice in a row) at the beginning of the 4
cycles
Then press Undo to get rid of the overdub on that cycle
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org