Re: Effect units with inserts (was: Lexicon MPX G2)

Mark suggested:
>I was going to say that the Roland GP100 scores reasonably well on this
>front as well.

thats right, Mark! It took me a while to find a manual.
ftp://ftp.cygnarowicz.com/pub/gp100/GP-100_Owners_Manual.pdf

>It has a stereo effects loop that supports placement at
>arbitrary positions in the signal chain.

and you can choose mono-series mono-parallel and stereo which helps
to use two EDPs in different ways

>It also has two outputs which can
>be helpful as a way to add some final effects is you have another mixer
>available afterwards. On the other hand, it doesn't have a looper and it
>doesn't have MIDI syncable effects.
>
>I also really doubt that it's reverb can match Lexicon's. (And 20 seconds
>is
>nothing. I used to love to crank the reverb time on my SPX90 up to 99
>seconds. Great fun when used in conjunction with the cheap little Korg
>drum
>machine I had at the time.)

yes, seems its limited to 10sec only :-(

>Although discontinued for some reason (I'm sure findable on ebay)
>the Digitech 2112 and 2120 have a pretty good effects loop.
>Although it's insert point is fixed, it's after the preamp.  Useful
>for looping.

ok, in general... but I need at least the pitch shifting and
preferably modulation and crazy effects before the loop!

>I've tried the EDP in it with good results.  I actually compared
>it's distortions/preamp to the Lexicon G2 and it's no contest.  The
>Digitech blows it away.

does that mean its better?

>Time based effects are another story...

this means they are not as good, I expect...

>Mark

Thank you
Matthias

--