Re: breakbeats -- the quest for a groovebox

I don't have a TiBook, but I'm not sure if I'd want to gig with one
unless I had some sort of USB or Firewire sound interface.  I jammed
with a guy who was using one and his outputs were noisy as hell
compared to mine.

However, I dream of the day this (what I do musically) can all be done
via a laptop.  I've played with Reason and Rebirth338 and I thought
they sounded good.  Whenever my job requires something modern and
dancey, I'm in Rebirth.  Not sure how they'd stand up to the real
thing, but I bet pretty good.  One thing for sure, is that you're not
going to get the wealth of knobs and tweakability of the modern
grooveboxes.  Sure, the virtual knobs are there, but manipulating them
with a mouse doesn't cut it at all.

Mark Sottilaro