Re: Tubes! They do a ____ good! (was Re: Info on Hughes & KettnerReplex

WOW.  Thanks for the in depth post!  That post was fuzztastic.  I'm
surprised
at what you've said about the Mesa V-Twin.  After reading a thousand great
reviews on Harmony-Central about this box, I was curious to hear it.  Still
am, as I see you use it's clean channel as your recording preamp, and
that's
pretty much what I was hoping for.  One thing I notice is that a lot of
people complain about "buzzy" sounds with distortions, but I kind of like
that almost synth sounding tone.  Mmmmm Ibanez Tube Screamer... how I
regret
selling that green box...

I also find that by filtering out a lot of the highs you can usually get
around that anyway.  One funny thing was I found a little sample .wav of
the
S.I.T. pedal on the web and I thought it was WAY buzzy sounding.

I guess what I'm saying is, you can't please everyone, but you can make
everybody miserable.

Mark Sottilaro