Re: Non-linear sequencer (possible groovebox alternative)...

>Quoting Matthias Grob <matthias@grob.org>:
>>  unfortunately the EDP does not handle tempo changes. I does not stop,
>>  but it looses sync.
>
>i've got to say that's one of my favourite features of the EDP. the most
>irritating thing about the Repeater is that it doesn't free-run. if it
>did, i
>wouldn't have this god awful loop-point click issue.

Well, the reason why the EDP does not create a click is that it does
not actively sync while its overdubbing. It ketches up again after
the overdub.
If you do a really long Overdub, it looses sync.

Claude had the fantastic idea for the automatic loop start correction
in case of a very long Overdub while FB is low: If the EDP is slaved
and you reduce FB to keep renewing the theme, you loose sync. But it
does not harm, since you are playing with the master and thus
musically you dont loose the sync. So the EDP recognizes this
situation and corrects its internal startpoint to match the musical
reality instead of trying to correct the loop acording to the old
technical start point, it moves that start point to where the music
has shifted to.

>btw, i've found that running the feedback path of the repeater outside of
>it
>makes a big difference.

what, the frequency response changes? Or in respect to speed/clicks?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org